Loretta Merritt spoke at Osgoode's Professional Development Legal Guide to Sexual Misconduct in the #MeToo Era on February 7, 2019 in Toronto.
In the era of #MeToo, claims for sexual misconduct — including sexual violence and harassment — are at the forefront. With the emergence of new causes of action and forums for addressing complaints, professionals working in this field have myriad (and potential minefield) of decisions to make. Let OsgoodePD’s experts provide you with the benefit of their insights and experience as they delve into the key issues, including:
- New frontiers in workplace sexual misconduct (including the new tort of harassment)
- Strategies for effectively triaging the sexual misconduct complaint
- Pros and cons of advancing claims in different forums: ESA, OHRT, Occupational Health & Safety Act, union grievance, etc.
- How to ensure a trauma informed investigation
- Grappling with credibility and memory issues in sexual violence cases
- New and emerging issues, including privacy breaches and image-based violence
For more information, please visit the Osgoode Hall Professional Development website.